What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site but also allows many parts of the website to function correctly. This data is stored using cookies which are files containing small amounts of data which we send to your computer and are stored on your hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the help facility provided within your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and you will be unable to use certain parts of our website at all. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can find out more about removing cookies by clicking here.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and is also used to help prevent unauthorised access.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
(1) to process your order, to process any future orders., to maintain product licence records and to provide support services (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide support services);
(2) to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to our Identity Verification partner, currently maxmind.com, who will check details we give them against public and private databases – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
(3) to comply with legal requirements.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies within our group for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology.
(1) You can update any of your own personal information by logging into your account or alternatively you can ask us to change any stored information by using the online ticket system.
(2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply log a support ticket with the subject “No Marketing” and please provide the following information :
- • your full name
- • your postal address, including postcode
- • your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and support obligations.
(3) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Havenswift Hosting to cover our administration costs:
Data Controller (Data Subject Request)
PO Box 1142